Years ago, in one of our past careers, we did carving. We started with signs and then moved on to making benches. The original paint has faded so we began the big painting project of October with a background coat of stain.Even though the back of this one has a rotted area, the bench is structurally sound, so it got repainted.
I originally painted the flowers, but our neighbor, Gene, suggested the frame would look better in a contrasting color.I think he's right.... Now I just have to do the borders on one more bench, and then there are 3 more to paint. I started counting all the benches we had made, and I think there were about 20. We did nearly a hundred signs before we finished.
On to November and the tool shed building project.