Monday, August 27, 2012

Pantry Filling Time

It doesn't seem like I have done that much storing this year, but when I look at my pantry, I discover that I have been busier than I thought.
Starting the season with raspberries - jam and frozen berries resulted from many days of picking.  Now the old canes are cut out and the new ones ready for next year's crop.
On a visit to our kids' in eastern Washington, we came across fruit stands that are hard for me to pass up.  So on to stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, and nectarine jam.
Now my little garden is starting to produce, and I haven't even started on blackberries yet, so clearly I still have a lot to do.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Always looks so pretty on the shelves:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't can anymore. Any extras go in the freezer. I thought about making raspberry jam, but we don't eat jam, so I made some Italian raspberry syrup instead.
    Your "harvest" looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete