Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Feeling Crafty

I suddenly realized that my supply of birthday cards was getting low. I made enough before we left Georgia to get me through the May birthdays, but now it is June, and we have a bunch of grandkids with summer birthdays.  So today I set up shop on the dining room table and replenished my card supply.
Since I was a little girl, I have always collected and pressed flowers.  All my phone books have dried flowers between the pages.  When my sister, Mona, taught me how to do collage, I found an outlet for all those pressed flowers.
Of course, "real" collage uses paper, not pressed flowers, so I always try to make a card now and then with only paper.
But ever since I started doing collage, anything that can be flattened and dried gets incorporated into my style of collage.


By the end of the day, I had sixteen new cards, complete with envelopes.  When a grandchild has a birthday, I add a picture of them from the past year in the middle of the card.

2 comments:

  1. What a unique and fun idea! Pretty too, they are little works of art. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. It is a fun hobby - I have actually taught my grandchildren who are 8 - 10 years old to do collage and they love it. Amazing the neat art that comes from them - and how they all have their own ideas about doing the art. :)

      Delete