Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sunset over Lake Eufaula

We have been enjoying some really beautiful days here at Lake Eufaula.  Some mornings have begun with a light frost, but by noon, we are in t-shirts and shorts.  My folks decided to paint all the white parts of their house, so that is what we have been up to for the past couple of days.
We assigned Ron the really hard part - working on the roof.  I worked on Mom's flower beds most of the time Ron and Dick were painting, but managed to help on the trim and soffits where I didn't have to worry about falling and killing myself.
I had pulled the worst of the weeds that grew all summer when we first got to Georgia in October, but they had sneaked back in when my back was turned.
While the weeds don't look too thick from the top, this is what their roots look like!
We have been enjoying the spectacular sunsets every evening.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sunset is amazing! And to have them each day, coloring the lake - Wow!

    ReplyDelete