Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's Blooming in Early August


Geraniums

A yellow rose given to me by my sister, Molly

Roses

Clematis

Clematis - Part of my "Amy Garden"

Dahlia - Oenesta

Dahlia - Yellow Star

Dahlia - Pretty in Pink

Dahlia - purple and white variagated

Dahlia - Key West

Hydrangea - this one was pink when my daughter, Amy, gave it to me for my birthday a few years ago.
Many more dahlias have buds and will be blooming within the next few days.  It is my favorite time of year, where everywhere I look I see color and smell flowers.
Petunias - in a cement planter we made a couple of years ago using a cardboard box and a flower pot for a mold.
Gerber Daisy - saved from last year.

Most of the lilies are done blooming, but I found a few.  This one is nearly black - first time it bloomed was this year.  I can hardly bear to dead head it the blooms are so pretty.



My favorite lily - Stargazer.

2 comments: