Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lakes of Snohomish County

There are 463 lakes in Snohomish County.  To document all of them would take years.  So I am starting with those closest to my home, and those where power boats are allowed.  There are only 5 of these.  Some are pretty well-known:  Lake Stevens, Lake Goodwin, and Lake Shoecraft.

Today we took a motorcycle ride to the two that are nearer our house, and that are less well-known.   The first is Lake Roesiger, site of a homestead turned into a park.  It is the 4th largest of the lakes in the County.  The park is well maintained and has a very nice swimming area, sandy beach, restrooms, and hiking trail.
Lots of interesting historical information, old growth fir trees, and even a spreading chestnut tree for shady picnics.



On to Flowing Lake, the smallest of the power boat lakes in Snohomish County.  It has a very nice park area, complete with a big play toy for small children, a picnic shelter, rest rooms, picnic tables in both the shade and the sun, and a good swimming area.  There is a daily charge of $5 per car.  Best access now is off Dubuque Road, as 3 Lakes Road is closed part way for construction.
Picnic Shelter at Flowing Lake


Fun for the kiddos!

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were so many lakes in that county!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I knew there were a bunch of lakes, no idea it was that many. This makes me want a boat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I have lived in Snohomish County all but the first 16 years of my life.--I grew up north of downtown Seattle around Green Lake. We Western Washingtonians are very much tied to our lakes. Even if didn't know there were that many just in one county.
    Neat post.
    I like your cousin pblog too and I want to read your book. Is it availble only through you or does the library have it? MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you go to http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/539278
    and click on PREVIEW, it is set up where you can read the entire book on line if you want.

    I am having a hard time getting my cousins who are strangers to let me feature them on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete