Saturday, December 23, 2017

Maggies Cookies, Chapter Two

I suppose I could take the time to figure out Blogger and how to place pictures, but after trying ALL of the menu links, it wasn't obvious, so I'm taking the lazy way. The recipe for the dough is in the last post.  Once the dough has been refrigerated, the fun part begins:
Dredge a large cutting board with powdered sugar and roll the dough multiple times until it is flat and less than 1/16th inch thick.  The more you roll powdered sugar into the dough, the flakier your cookies will be.
I use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into squares.  Then put about a teaspoonful of pineapple preserves and about a teaspoonful of chopped walnuts on each square.  (Note:  Pineapple preserves are hard to find so I make my own using 2 cans of crushed pineapple and 4 cups of sugar and one package of pectin - I make it ahead so it's ready when I make the cookies).

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
To be clear, these are NOT diet cookies, and not easy to make, but they are well worth the effort in my opinion.  I thought I had better share this recipe while I still can so the tradition can continue. 
Link to a short story about my recent spa experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment