Friday, January 22, 2016

Signs of Spring in January!

Spring has always been my favorite season.  Watching plants slowly emerge from the cold ground and seeing the first blooms is one of life's joys for me.  Today it's 55 degrees - still cloudy and rainy, but definitely warming up!
Fruit trees at Costco and the Co-op are one of the signs - and who am I to resist.  Plus I had a nice half hour discussion with a fellow gardener about pruning and pollinating fruit trees.
I can always find a place for another fruit tree.  Ron helped me take out a totally useless plum tree in the fall, so a three type cherry takes its place now.
I worried a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't planted tulips and daffodils deep enough as they were already popping up.  So I covered them with about a foot of mulch.....and here they are again!
Aha!  Buds on the raspberry bushes!
What is this plant?  It was a gift from my daughter and son-in-law and it is definitely a keeper!  It started blooming in November, got frozen when we had a week of very cold weather, but has started to bloom again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment