Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tina's Garden

It is really unfair to call it "Tina's Garden" since she has had so much help from Tony and Sara and Jesse in making it.  However, the vision is Tina's and I am thinking about kidnapping her and having her design my garden for me.
You can see the greenhouse and fence that Tony (with Jesse's help) built last fall to protect the garden from the deer, moose, and assorted other animals that live in the woods surrounding the garden.  It is still a work in progress - you can see a new raised bed that they built along the fence line for trellising crops like beans and peas next year.
The chicken yard sits in one corner, with a small orchard on this side of the fenced in area.
Raised beds and mulch allow for maximum weed control and minimum watering requirements.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. that's a big investment. They'll have to grow a lot of crops to fill that up, and make it pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there is that, but no one gardens just for the savings on veggies. Tina said she is sure to grow a $64 tomato this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just joined your blog site as I accidentally found it as you and your husband have the same names as myself and my husband!!! What a coincidence!. I have really enjoyed reading your blog, especially the gardening part as I am getting into my garden now that I have more time (soon to be retired & now only working 2 days a week). Tina's garden looks very well organised and I hope she gets some good crops from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosie,
    What a fun thing to have same name friends! I just found your comment and welcome you to the blog. Thanks for following!

    If you have a blog, shoot me the address for it so I can join yours!

    ReplyDelete